background

Friday, January 10, 2014

11.26.2008

Written Nov 26, 2008 
What a sleepy day!

Hannah has slept the majority of the day. I did make her get up and play with occupational and physical therapy today. She has lost a lot of her strength the past two week while she been so sick. I really want to see her walking up and down the halls again soon. It will take a lot of work but she should be back to where she was soon.

Last night after I posted the update Hannah went potty. She also just had another little dirty diaper a few minutes ago. She should keep going potty as her belly heals up.

We did have another ommaya reservoir situation tonight. For the fourth time we had to get one of the neurosurgeons to patch up Hannah's leak OLD ommaya site. The neurosurgeon did say that if this happens again Hannah will have another surgery to completely fix the leakage.

Hannah's lab counts were really good today and her ANC was over 3,000. Today, Hannah's platelets actually went up on their own. Maybe they are finally doing what they are supposed to be doing. She did not to have to have anything extra today.

The game plan for the next few weeks is to let Hannah heal from her last surgery for rest of the week. Then, on Monday Hannah will have her monthly chemotherapy; cycle C, if her counts are good. Depending on how she tolerates the chemotherapy will depend on when we go home. Cycle C is the lighter chemo cocktail of the three so I pray she takes it well.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?" "Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident."
Psalms 27:1,3

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

***Also, please say a special pray for baby Colin (7 months old), He was diagnosed with AML a type of Leukemia. I graduated High School with his dad and Jon graduated High School with his mom. Small world! They are a great family that needs all the love, support , and prayers they can get while going through this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment